Thursday, July 30, 2009
We did some tubing.. yest Sammy totally went on the tube with me. The kid is such a dare devil. He kept looking backwards and telling us to say ahhhh as we bounced on the wake. Check out the smug little smile.
Sammy also got really good at "swimming" on his own. He has his tube suit and an additional tube and he could go where ever he wanted. Don't worry I was right beside him the whole time. He also learned to "swim" with just the tube suit but that was a lot of work with all the boat wakes so he liked to float with the tube as well.
We did our family photo shots.. not the greatest picture because of the lighting.. but you can see our fun family reunion shirts. I think Sammy's will fit in a few years :-)
Here is my ham down on Pop Pop and Giggi's dock!
Sammy had a blast spending a whole weekend at the lake. Every time we got in the car after that trip he would say Giggi Pop Pop boat water.
We had fun hanging out with some of our relatives and creating wonderful memories!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
1. Sammy can now identify all the letters of the alphabet with either the name of the letter or the sound the letter makes. He doesn't know what order they go in yet but he can "read" all of them or pick out a letter when you ask him to find one.
2. He is sleeping in his big boy bed and doing quite well with that transition.
3. He likes to grab you by the hand and take you to something to show you.
4. His speech is coming right along adding more words each week and putting more of them together.
5. He has been doing a somersault for about a month now and he loves to show people this skill.
6. If he is watching a tv show or a movie he interacts with what is going on on the screen. With either emotions or calling out words/letters on a learning show.
7. He still loves to eat and I am still afraid of his teenage years. Some of his current favorite foods: cherry tomatoes right off the vine, cucumbers, crackers (pretty much a staple), cheese, browned hamburger, and blueberries.
8. Sammy is really into the imaginative play now which is really fun to watch and see him learn. For Christmas my sister and her family got him some airplanes with all sorts of cargo and people. He hadn't really played much with them until about a week ago. Now he is always pushing and flying the planes around an loading them up with toys.
9. He loves to make pretend phone calls all day long but if you hold an actual phone up to his ear he stops talking *stinker*
10. He is really starting to recognize which roads take us to certain places. Today we were on our way to the Barnes and Noble to play with the train. We turned on the road that leads us there and Sammy started chanting choo choo from the backseat!
11. Sammy just had a huge growth spurt and outgrew all of his shoes. He went from wearing a size 6 to a 7 1/2 in 2 and half months! Sammy kept telling me when I put his sneakers on shoes ouch.. now I know why!
I love watching Sammy grow and experiencing the world again through his eyes!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I am currently reading:
1. Angels and Demons
2. A Tale of Two Cities
3. The New Dare to Discipline
4. Just Do It - Tim and I are reading this together.. however we have a few issues with some of the ideas in the book so we might not finish it.
5. The Bible - reading through it in a year
What I finished reading recently:
1. Breaking Dawn - LOVED this series!!
wow.. I guess I have been taking a little reading break :-P
My goals for this month:
1. Finish the first 3 books on my list
2. keep up with reading the section in the bible for each day
3. Read aloud to Sammy beside just before nap/bedtime
See whats on other people's nightstand on five minutes for books.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
1. Summer colds stink! Sammy and I both have a cold.. I have the super sore throat finally no longer coughing and sneezing.
2. It is heart breaking to put your tot back to sleep when they are sick and they say, "no want to seep (sleep)." He also said, " nose boo boo."
3. Getting a pea unstuck from a child's nose is DISGUSTING!
4. Why must stores trying to sell things to you at the check out. I went into Family Christian Bookstore and was trying to check out with a 2 year old that was super fussy. The clerk then proceeded to tell me about all of the $5 specials on the counter.
5. I was also at Books-a-million (yes I know lots of book stores).. this is no the typical bookstore that I go to so I didn't have one of their cards. The clerk tried to sell me on their membership. I said no thank-you.. she then told me about all of the coupons and the free back I would get.. definitely a no after that :-P
6. Sammy is doing great adjusting to the big boy bed.. I will have to post pictures of his new room soon :-)
7. I need to download pictures off my camera.. I have been slacking!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Things I hope to gain from doing this:
1. Dedication to reading in the Bible
2. A better understanding of God's Word
3. A better understanding so I can teach Sammy better
Anyone else want to join me? Or share their other lofty goals?
Monday, July 20, 2009
This week we had a choice on questions. I chose to answer this one:
Tell us FIVE places/vacations that you would like to take at some point your life. It doesn't have to be next year...maybe it's the vacation of a lifetime or somewhere you just dream of going years from now.
So here is my list *Hey Tim.. hint hint (hehe)*
1. Ireland - my parents went.. I loved the pictures and I would love to go and see where most of my linage is from!
2. A cruise to some beautiful islands in where the weather is warm (like the vagueness of this one).. We are hopefully doing this for our 5th anniversary next June.
3. Italy/European Tour - history and beautiful buildings
4. Disney World this would be a repeat.. I went when I was a kid and then again in high school because I played in a softball tournament at Disney. I would love to take Sammy there again.
5. North Myrtle Beach - we usually go there every year. I love the area its very family friendly and since we stay in the same place each year (thanks Mom and Dad for letting us use your wonderful condo) we know where everything is located how to get to different stores and restaurants.
So where would you go on vacation?
Friday, July 17, 2009
1. Happy/Joyful - I am not always this.. but I try to be and stay positive.. life isn't long enough to bitter, angry, or to hold a grudge.
2. Talkative - be glad I don't have your phone number.. if I do.. sorry ;-)
3. Funny - well I am not real good at writing funny but in "real life" I love to crack jokes
4. Crazy - I have been reading a lot about freezer meals and I'm going to try and make meals for the whole month of August at one time.
5. Efficient - I must always do a task in the quickest most logical way
6. Sensitive - I am easily upset even about things that aren't personal to me.. like A Baby Story on TLC.. cry everytime :-P
7. OCD - only about certain things.. like DVDs being alphabetized, screws on light switches, and other weird things
I am suppose to tag 7 people.. but I don't want anyone to feel left out or like they have to do it.. so if you want to consider yourself tagged.. otherwise I hope you enjoyed it :-)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Outside my window…
Its sunny and 69 with a breeze.. the true question is why am I not out there!
I am thinking…
About our good family friend that past away last night. He had cancer that was very aggressive.
I am thankful for…
my family, their health, and our salvation.
From the kitchen…
well I just had some cereal.. but we are having leftover homemade pizza for lunch :-)
I am wearing…
my Christmas pj bottoms and a tank top.. hoping to not leave the house today.
I am creating…
a blog post.. sorry couldn't resist.
I am going…
nowhere I am hoping! Maybe the backyard.. can I do that in my jammies?
I am reading…
the bible, Breaking Dawn, and soon a Tale of Two cities.. if Tim ever finishes it.
I am praying…
for the Bullocks, my friend Katie and her sanity with the last few days of her trip, my family, and friends.
I am hearing…
Sammy's crazy expanding vocabulary.
Around the house…
are things that I need to do. Thats what the PJ day is for.. getting all of the things on the to do list done.
One of my favorite things…
A few plans for the rest of the week…
today - to do list, Friday - work until after Sammy's nap, Saturday - funeral? (our guess on the day) and a bbq with Tim's best friend from NC.
The goodness is the house sold in thi smarket this is wonderful. The bad news is that it sold and I will not be able to visit it anymore. Tim and I still had an antique bed in the house so we went up to pick that up and to say goodbye to the house and our first family dog that is buried out there.
The house looks so interesting without all of my grandparents things in it and all touched up.
My Dad had me walk down to this grouping of 3 pine trees. There is a picture of Clare and I standing next to them when they were first planted and about our height. I stood Sammy in front of the trees to get a shot of 20+ years of growth.
Tim asked me how I got him to stay there while I walked across the yard trying to get a full picture of the trees. Well a stick of course :-P
We had a great trip up and we were able to fit everything in my Dad's pick up truck. Sammy thought it was great to ride in the backseat of Pop Pop's truck.
How could you not be happy when driving down roads like this:
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Sammy (2): shoe
Little Old Lady: Oh very nice shoes
LOL: Wow good job
S:(points to me) Mommy
LOL: oo very good
*enter scene a 16 year old target employee*
S: Daddy (pointing at the young man)
Me: uhhhh no honey Daddy is at work.. mumbles some excuse and walks away to hide ;-)
Here are some new words/sentences that Sammy has said recent:
go Pop Pop boat (I want to go on Pop Pop's boat)
awsee (Aussie - my parents dog)
paw paw (Grandpa)
For more Tiny Talk Tuesday's check out Not Before 7.
Monday, July 13, 2009
1. My Family - love them..aren't they cute!!
2. Paperback Swap.. I wrote about this site here.
3. Nikon Coolpix L100 - My anniversary present last month! Love it! Thanks Tim!
4. Sammy's floatie suit - its a little girlie but he can swim in the lake without me having to hold him up! It is a wonderful thing!
5. Firefox - If you don't use Firefox as your web browser you should!!
For more Friend Making Monday favorites style check out Dandelion Wishes.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
1. The dollar spot at target! Yesterday I got some letter workbooks, stickers, stamps, and a few other things for a dollar.
2. SandyLion room stickers.. we ordered Sammy some Disney Cars stickers for his big boy room! He is super excited to put them up in his room!
3. The new swimsuit cover up that I got yesterday! It will be perfect for this weekend at the lake!
4. Having all of the laundry finished! Even if it is just for one day. I am hoping to get it all done today :-)
5. Crock-pot meals since they don't heat up the house. I however need some new recipes.. anyone?
What are some of your favorite things?
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
So I was tagged for the Honest Scrap meme by Gratitude Gal. The meme is to share 10 things about myself that others might not know. Then to tag 10 people to share as well. Okay onto 10 things about me:
1. I don't like tomatoes. Their texture is funny and it makes me gag.. I do however like tomatoes when they are cooked and in things.
2. I worry about Sammy's speech and development and if I have given him all of the tools he needs to meet those stage developments.
3. I like to sleep for 5-10 more minutes after the alarm goes off.
4. I don't think I have enough real friends.
5. I am nervous about moving Sammy to a big boy bed. Yet we are moving him next week.
6. I like making things but I am not creative so I have to copy ideas I find online.
7. I like to dip my grilled cheese in ketchup!
8. I love making crafts with Sammy but I have to set everything out before hand or I wont take the time to do it.
9. I like watching Curious George
10. All of the screws on my light switches have to be facing the same direction
So instead of tagging 10 people like the rules say I should.. I will just say if you want to do this meme go for it and let me know in the comments so I can come read it :-)
Monday, July 6, 2009
We went to our church's cookout and played some games and hung out. It was very relaxing and really nice to site back and relax out in the country.
I hope everyone had an amazing 4th of July! Just a closing picture of the picnic location.. how could you not relax here:
Friday, July 3, 2009
The other day Sammy was very photogenic.. the weather was hot and we needed a dip in the pool to cool off.
But first we had to stop and pose with our shirt we got Daddy for his birthday. I did up the fohawk just for added affect..
"I get my muscles from my Dad." For the record Tim thinks this shirt is hilarious since Sammy is in the 10%!