Thursday, March 31, 2011

Garden Challenge

”HSV

DSC_0137DSC_0138

 

So my beds need TONS of work!  It however is on the to do list for this weekend!  I haven’t started much yet this year.  We have had a very weird Spring for Virginia and there is still a threat of snow last night!  I do have some plans for our garden this year.  Soon I will be planting some peas and lettuce.  After the peas are done producing I will be planting tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and zucchini.  Then in some deck pots I will be growing herbs: sage, cilantro, basil and oregano.  This year I am also going to try and grow something in my actual soil(carrots) and not just my above ground beds. 

Sammy is excited about the garden.  Mostly because he LOVES tomatoes.  Last year I don’t think a single one made it into the house!