Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthday Present Craftiness

This past weekend was my sweet little niece’s first birthday party to attend and I needed a sweet little gift to give her.  I shopped around for some fun fabric that I hadn’t seen any children’s clothes made out of and got it and some matching ribbon.  I then got to work on a pillow case dress.  I love how it turned out and I hope Ellie will like it and it will fit Smile

DSC_0001

I just love these Spring colors!

DSC_0002

I also got to work making a tutu and LOVE how it turned out:

DSC_0006

I wrapped them up in a homemade gift bag and gave to the sweet little birthday girl:

DSC_0007

Sammy wanted to get in on the gift making as well.  He wanted to make a doll for his cousin, so we picked up a wooden one at Michaels for him to color.  It is beautiful:

DSC_0017-2

This past Monday was my Mom’s birthday.  I had made her gift as well.  A hand knit kitchen washcloth:

DSC_0009DSC_0010-1

Then I decorated a pot and put a flower in it:

DSC_0012-1

I didn’t realize until after the fact that I had a teal and lime green theme going on with all of the gifts.  What can I say.. I like the colors!

DSC_0015-1