Friday, June 3, 2011

Spur of the Moment Beach Trip

So right at the beginning of my blog hiatus I took a spur of the moment trip to Myrtle Beach with Sammy.  It was the first long trip I have done by myself!  I was super impressed with how awesome Sammy did in the car!  It was hard since there wasn’t a 2nd set of hands to give him things and things like that.  He however rolled with the punches!  I took my camera to the beach.. unfortunately my battery wasn’t in it Smile with tongue out 

I did however take some pictures with my android phone!  Sammy and I making the drive down:

IMAG0068

First step out onto the beach for the year! He was in heaven!

IMAG0069

Me taking a picture of the shell he found:

IMAG0070

The Mommy and Daddy sea turtles that Sammy made:

IMAG0071

Day two building sand castles:

IMAG0072

Playing in the hole I dug,  It filled in with water automatically!  Love this beach:

IMAG0073

No idea.. but he was having fun that is for sure!

IMAG0074

Driving his sand car around the hole then making it fall in:

IMAG0075

Note to self, buy Sammy a bigger sun shirt:

IMAG0076

Jumping over the hole (yes he made it across):

IMAG0077

Playing a little on starfall.com while Pop Pop was on a conference call:

IMAG0079

Kite time:

IMAG0080

Do you see the spec above their heads way up n the sky? That was the kite!

IMAG0081

Flying his kite all by himself:

IMAG0082

Can you spot the kite?  It’s dead center of the picture:

IMAG0083

Trying to catch the tails on Pop Pop’s shoulders:

IMAG0084

It was so windy we could fly the kite low enough for Sammy to grab the tails himself:

IMAG0085

On the last day we were there my Dad worked late so he could go out to the beach with Sammy while I packed everything up:

IMAG0087IMAG0088

The last hole I dug for him right on the edge of the water.  Sammy loved getting all dirty and getting in there:

IMAG0089IMAG0090

Thanks Mom and Dad for sharing your condo with me for a few days!  Sammy and I had a total blast!