Friday, August 5, 2011

Curriculum Choices

Not Back to School Blog Hop

 

I wanted to get up what we are doing for school next year with Sammy.  What a better way to do it than the Not Back-To-School Blog Hop over at heart of the matter!  My post is a little late in the week but better late than never Smile.  So without further ado our plans for preschool this year:

DSC_0357Main Curriculum:

-Before Five in a Row

Language (Daily)

- Language Lessons for Little Ones (Volume 1)

Math (Daily)

-Kumon My Book Of Numbers 1-30

-Big Preschool Workbook

-Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills

-We will also be doing a lot of counting and math activities from various preschool websites.  I will compile a list of our favorites at the bottom of this post!

Science (Bi- Weekly)

-How to Do Science Experiments with Children – I picked out one of these for each week.  I don’t really expect Sammy to understand the why or how of these but I think he will find them fun!  I am hoping that I get the Science Experiments for Young Learners, Grades K-2for next year!

-The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions

Handwriting (Daily)

-Kumon My First Book Of Uppercase Letters

-Various printables for pre-writing and writing

-Big Preschool Workbook

-Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills

Bible (Daily)

-Positive Action Preschool – Exploring God’s Love – this will be the bulk of our learning

-Character Concepts for Preschoolers – we will be using this to work on some problem areas and to help us all memorize some more scripture.

Reading (Daily)

-Before Five in a Row- read aloud stories and whatever else book Sammy brings over for me to read Winking smile

-All About Reading Level Pre-1 – I haven’t ordered this yet but I fell in love with it at Jolanthe’s house and can’t wait to get it here!

-Starfall

-Get Ready for the Code - Book A

-We will see what the next year holds.  If Sammy is ready to learn to read I will be looking for some good early readers.  We do have a few little sets from the local bookfair that will hold us over!

Art (bi-weekly)

-Whatever season art ideas I plan or things to go along with our BFIAR books Smile

Technology (Daily)

- My husband and I are both very technical and we want to install that into Sammy as well (if he is interested.. which it seems like he is).  So for each of the above areas I will be including something to do on the computer.  Also teaching him some basic terms and computer skills.  Some of those ideas are:

-Starfall

-Rosetta Stone Spanish (LA)

-Typing his name

-Jumpstart Advanced Preschool

Additional Resources:

-Homeschool Creations

-1+1+1=1

-Confessions of a Homeschooler

-Musings of Me

-2 Teaching Mommies

-Totally Tots

-Lawteedah

-Delightful Learning 

Whew that is quite a post.  We will see how much of this we actually accomplish!  My only goal this year is to have fun and for Sammy to fall in love with learning!  He is only 4 and most of the things he learns he learns through play and having fun!  If you have a child in this age range what are your plans for this year?  Give me a link or a comment I would love to see what you are up to!