Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving News and Random Thoughts in my Medicated Head

So this Thanksgiving looked a lot different than any before it.  Wednesday morning I woke up with no voice and a nasty cold.  I didn’t have any inkling I was getting sick until I was bad off.  We were going to go to my sister’s house for Thanksgiving.  But since I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to be better and I definitely didn’t want to get any of them sick we had to cancel.  Later that day Sammy started up with his coughing and sneezing.  Tim came home a little early saying he could tell he was getting it too.

We hoped we would be able to travel up to Tim’s brother’s house on Friday for Thanksgiving #2.  Unfortunately we were all still very sick late on Thursday and had to cancel on that one as well.  Thankfully Tim’s sister came over with some amazing homemade chicken noodle soup for us!

I am totally bummed we missed out on the family time and delicious food.  That said if we were going to get sick  I am glad we got sick the day before.  I would have felt so bad if we got everyone in both of our families sick.  Especially the little babies!!

Now for some random house keeping:

  • I am going to be doing my first giveaway the first full week of December.. so be on the lookout for that you are not going to want to miss it!!
  • We started our 31 day countdown to Christmas on Thanksgiving!  I made a list of 31 activities to do as a family and 31 crafts to do until Christmas!  I am super excited and I will be sharing about what we have been up to for sure!
  • I have crossed a few things off the Fall Bucket List – I am going to be taking a break from the lists for December but I hope to do one in January though!
  • I have been find and doing a ton of super cool things on Pinterest for a few months now!  Are you guys on there? If so let me know your name on there so I can follow you!  Smile
  • I hope we start feeling better soon so we can put up the Christmas decorations!!
  • We also started a new traditions this year of unwrapping a Christmas book (that we already own) to read each night!
  • Nothing feels better on your throat than a cup of hot tea with honey!
  • The mice are back in our garage.. Tim setup some traps last night!  So thankful they don’t get in our house.. but wish we could keep them out of the garage.. anyone have a garage cat we can borrow Winking smile
  • My sweet husband is making me mashed potatoes to go with dinner tonight since I missed out on my favorite dish yesterday and today!