Friday, December 30, 2011

New and Old Goals

Last year I made 5 goals for myself.  I accomplished 3 out of the 5 goals.  Here were the goals from last year:

  1. Read through the whole bible with Tim – Really sad I didn’t accomplish this!  I am making this a priority for next year!
  2. Do a better job maintaining a clean house – This was a hard task to measure.  I think I need smaller weekly goals in this area and hold myself accountable with making this happen.
  3. Improve my sewing and knitting skills – I improved a ton with my knitting.  My sewing was coming along until my sewing machine broke.  I hope to continue to improve both of these skills
  4. Continue to read 2 books a month (but make a few non fiction books) I read a ton last year.. I didn’t however do a good job of keeping track of what I read.  I hope to set monthly goals in this area and write down everything I read Smile 
  5. Pay off first snowball and get very close or pay off second snowball. – done!  I hope to accomplish the 2nd pay off this year!

Now for this years goals!  I am listing a few more goals for this year.  I also plan on posting about my goals at the beginning of each month.  I hope this holds me accountable and gives me a better opportunity to think about my goals throughout the year (not just the beginning and end of the year).

  1. Try 12 new DIY tasks (one for each month).  I am finishing up my list of things I want to try in 2012 but you can see a sneak peak on pintrest.
  2. Pay off 2nd snowball in the summer
  3. Create a 6 month emergency fund
  4. Read through the whole bible
  5. Go through the 2012 Declutter & Organize Calendar
  6. Read 2 books a month
  7. Do project 365 and post the pictures from each day (I will be posting a week worth of pictures at a time)
  8. Set month goals for cleaning in hopes to create habits in areas I struggle to maintain
  9. Meal plan more consistently
  10. Revamp coupons and get motivated to save money couponing