Friday, November 23, 2012

What’s Going on At Our Homeschool?

We prepped for Hurricane Sandy.  After I knew we were in the clear for losing power I went to put things back to normal.  I, however, couldn’t just pull the drain and waste the water.  So we did a sink float experiment.  Sammy thought it was so cool that the pumpkin floated:
DSC_0093
As I pulled some things off of our corkboard I got pictures of a few things I hadn’t shared on the blog.  Sammy and I colored the Mystery of History coloring page:
DSC_0092
Sammy’s cute rabbit craft from his handwriting program:
DSC_0091 
Sammy made this hilarious dinosaur book!  That is a T-Rex and a man that fell down saying wooohahhh:
DSC_0086
A stegosaurs and a man that fell down saying wooohahhh:
DSC_0088
The end:
DSC_0089 
A painting Sammy did in co-op.  It is a boat in a sea with a sun:
DSC_0083
Sammy and I did some copy-cat Picasso paintings.  Here is mine:
DSC_0078
I wished I had taken a picture of Sammy’s before he painted.  It was really a great drawing.. the painting was a little tough for him:
DSC_0077
Doing a daily drawing!  These are so fun.. he draws whatever he wants then I write out what it was!
DSC_0070
Writing the first letter of this knight worksheet from Homeschool Creations:
DSC_0069
Working on his math-u-see primer:
DSC_0068
I wrote out Sammy’s memory verse with a marker and he wrote over top of it in pencil.  He then illustrated the verse.  This wasn’t something he loved so we aren’t doing it anymore.   We will have to try it again next year!

DSC_0067DSC_0067