Friday, January 25, 2013

Non- Desk School

So last week I said I was going to take pictures of things we did away from our desk.  Which I did do!  But I didn’t get very many pictures :-P I will try and get a few more next week!
Sammy and I played word bingo several times this week.  He loved the games and I realized how fast he can read 3 letter words!
DSC_0104
I realized we were in a school rut and hadn’t been doing very many fun crafts!  I fixed that week with this fun cotton ball snowman.  We made this while sitting next to our craft cabinet.  We pulled things out of our stash to make a pretty cute snowman.  We used cotton balls, googly eyes, two pipe cleaners twisted together, glitter clue, and a dyed orange noodle for the nose.
DSC_0105
In science we learned about how the earth turns and this changes it from day to night.  We used a candle to represent the sun and then we put a post it note on the earth where we live.  As we turned the earth we said weather it was daytime or night time. 
DSC_0106
We have been using Homeschool Creations’ The Mitten printables.  After reading the story we did the which one is different page:
DSC_0112
We also went roller skating for the first time!  Sammy thought this was so much fun and we will certainly be going again!
DSC_0119