Friday, February 15, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up Journal – My Hands are Full!

In my life this week…

we are getting ready for a big concert at church!  On Sunday night our church will be hosting John Mark McMillian.
photo

In our homeschool this week…

Sammy finished up his All About Reading level 1 this week!  We are going to play the add on games and re-read our books before moving on to level 2.  We might even start level 1 of the All About Spelling program before starting about reading level 2. 

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Sammy is finishing up a lot of his programs for the year.  I wasn’t sure if I should start the next level or just let him be done with them.  After a chat with Jolanthe I realized I could just incorporate the things he has finished into his other work.  For example.. Sammy will be done with his handwriting program next week.  Instead of starting the next level we will do some Draw Write Now and write the sentences that go along with it.  We will also do some extra handwriting practice with some of our themes.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We had a super fun day at co-op this week.  Sammy had so much fun doing his first ever valentine exchange.  He also got this:
BDKfTCKCQAABGQ9.jpg large Oh man do I have my hands full over here!

My favorite thing this week was…

getting my new kindle!  I have been having fun loading it up!

My kiddo’s favorite thing this week was…

Sammy’s favorite thing this week was either finishing level 1 and taking his aunt out to lunch for his reward for working so hard or his first valentine exchange with his friends!

Things I’m working on…

some blog changes (nothing dramatic)!  I am also getting a new design soon (but I'm not the one working on it!

I’m cooking…

ahem.. need to do a better job in this category! 

I’m grateful for…

my husband’s ability to fix just about anything.. including my laptop power cord!

I’m praying for…

lots of sick people to get better!  This has been a really tough winter and I hope everyone will get better quickly!

I rewarded my kid this week by…

taking Sammy out to lunch for finishing level 1 and getting ice cream too!

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

the game Ticket To Ride.  We have played a few times with friends and really enjoy it!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

DSC_0003 We are getting better about going to the library regularly!  I feel like we are real homeschoolers now *winks*!