Friday, February 22, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up Journal: Police Reports, field trips, and crafts

In my life this week…

I had my wallet stolen so much of my week was filled with getting things replaced.  I also did something I have never done before.. filed a police report.  I need it in order to put a security freeze on my credit.  I got everything done so now I am just waiting for pieces of my life to be mailed to me so they can go into my wallet. 
sunset on country road

In our homeschool this week…

We finished up our handwriting program this week.  We also learned about Ramses II (or Ramses the Great).  We have also been recording Sammy reading his All About Reading books as we have been reviewing them.  I will upload them soon.  We will be re-reading about 3 each week.  I thought it would be fun for people that are just starting out with the program to hear a child read the stories at the end of the first level.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Yesterday we went to the children’s museum with some friends.  While we were there, there was a kindergarten class there from a local elementary school.  Sammy made fast friends with one of the girls from that class.  Then when the class was leaving Sammy and his friend (also in Kindergarten) got in line with their class.  So my advice.. don’t sweet the socialization stuff.. it comes naturally if you are out interacting with people!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We went to the children’s museum, library and science club.  We had (having) some wintery mix so co-op was cancelled.  We are hanging out at the house today playing games and reading books.  We also went to the pet store for dog food which turned in to quite the field trip and learning about different animals this week:
petstore

My favorite thing this week was…

Hearing Sammy flying through his readers and finishing up some hands on activities to go along with our last two history lessons. 

My kiddo’s favorite thing this week was…

The children’s museum was Sammy’s favorite.  We did some fun learning there in addition to lots of play learning!

Things I’m working on…

being consistent with things.  I know that sounds vague but things like cleaning, laundry, pictures of our school work, blogging, etc.  I do really well for a while then fall of the bandwagon for a while.  So I am trying to be consistent with it all and if I fall of with something to just start over again soon!

I’m cooking…

 potato soup for dinner tonight.  This weeks dinners have been about using things up out of the cabinets.

I’m grateful for…

cabinets that seem to be able to produce more meals than I could have imagined!  Not having a debit card or a driver’s license (for writing a check) makes grocery shopping next to impossible.

I’m praying for…

continued health of our family.  I am also praying for God’s timing with our family.

I rewarded my kid this week by…

getting chick-fil-a for lunch after going to the library yesterday.

Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

our curriculum choices for next year! 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

Here is a sneak peek at one of our hands on history lessons:
egyptian headress history