Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up – The Mitten


So this my first ever Weekly Wrap-up!  My little guy is growing up and we are moving up from Preschool (& Kindergarten) Corner.
We worked on the book, The Mitten, this week.  Sammy loved reading this book each day.  We did some of the super cute printables from Homeschool Creations The Mitten printables.  We also did a few hands on activities this week.  I didn’t take as many pictures as I had hoped.  But we did this hands on activity with a mitten and ice cubes again this week.
Sammy LOVED putting the animals in order that they are from the book.  We have been working on ordinal numbers in math so this was a great hands on way to practice them outside of his math curriculum.
DSC_0150 DSC_0152 
Sammy is cruising along with his All About Reading Level 1 program.  As of today he only has 3 lessons left!  In this lesson he was working on reading the plurals of words:
DSC_0159
Math – U- See.. I have a love hate relationship with it.  I love the hands on I love how things just click!  I hate a few things with it.  The lack of handwriting practice in the lessons.. and when lessons don’t click I don’t know how to help Sammy understand them.  Skip counting is not a strong suit of his.. any ideas on other things we can do to practice this?
Here he was doing some problems kind of like algebra.  He had ____ + 5=10 and he had to find out what the blank was.  He loved these problems:
DSC_0158
Reviewing adding 10’s together:
DSC_0168
We also did a hands on activity to go along with our Mystery of History lesson this week.  I will post this next week but here is a little peek:
DSC_0163
For more Weekly Wrap-ups check out Weird Unsocialized homeschoolers.