Saturday, April 6, 2013

Just One!

That is not the phrase…

That is not the phrase I want Sammy to hear.  I don’t want him to ever think he wasn’t good enough.  Or that Mommy and Daddy love him, but they always wanted more children.  He is a blessing and an answered prayer; one that I hadn’t even yet prayed.  When we got pregnant with Sammy over 6 years ago, it was easy.  I didn’t know of the journey that we would be on after he was born.

2013-03-30 14.16.54

Blessed with One

We are so very blessed and thankful to have Sammy!  I am beyond thrilled that he calls me Mommy!  When people say, “Oh you only have one.”  I always try to say, “No, we are blessed with one.”  Yes, it is true, we have only one child.  I would be beyond thrilled to have more, but our family is complete because God makes it complete! 

2013-03-30 14.06.00

God Heard

Samuel means God heard.  He knew the journey ahead of us.  He never gives us more than we can handle.  I believe this with all of my heart.  I know this because he gave us Sammy before we knew about the years of infertility. He heard the prayer of my heart when I saw friends struggling with infertility when we were first married.  God gave us Sammy as an answered prayer.

 

2013-03-01 12.20.54

2013-03-11 17.35.12

Sammy – you are and always will be enough for Mommy and Daddy and God!

2013-02-26 17.45.56