Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Little bit of This and That

Things have been busy around here!  I joined a gym! Crazy I know!!  Then a few weeks after joining the gym they started this partner weight loss challenge.  My good friend Katie and I decide to do it! We are Team Diligence and it has been a lot of fun so far (tough but fun)!  Basically you get points for working out, doing fitness and nutrition challenges % of weight loss, % of body fat lost.  So with these changes in lifestyle it has thrown my schedule and routine for a loop.  That seems to happen to me a lot.  I have a good rhythm and things are getting done then I add one more thing in and everything comes crashing to a halt.  I know I will find a new routine that works for us its just a matter of trying things until something works well.

Sammy also started something new!  He is playing Tee-Ball this year and LOVING it!  This is our first time in the little league organization and we quite impressed.  I got his patch sewed on his uniform.  The patch wasn’t on completely straight but it didn’t fall off after the first washing so I will count this as a success!

2013-04-03 19.50.32

I am not sure if this is done at all little leagues or not but ours called out each coach and player individually and they run onto the field.  I thought this was super neat way to encourage and honor each person.  Here is Sammy’s team lined up and waiting for their turn (Sammy is the one in the back).

2013-04-06 09.03.54

We had sleet in April!  I still can’t believe it!  This whole week is suppose to be in the 80s and I am loving it! 

2013-04-04 19.11.33

On Sunday we packed Sammy’s bike up to take to over to my in-law’s house.  On the way over Sammy decided when he got bigger he wanted to be a paper boy.  After we got there Sammy decided he could be one now.  So he set to work to write his own newspaper.  Then he rolled them up and put rubber bands around them.  After our big Sunday meal we got out his bike.  He needed a paper bag still so I dumped out my purse and he wore it around his neck with his newspapers.  Then he rode his bike around the cul-de-sac and threw his newspapers into the neighbors driveways.  It was seriously the cutest thing ever.  One of his headlines was, “A Fire on a TV!” and the other one was something about a new newspaper boy!

2013-04-07 17.06.48

A sign that spring is upon us… grilling season is here:

2013-04-08 19.14.05