Thursday, August 22, 2013

City Life–Chicago Day 2 Part 1

The next day we headed out for Navy Pier.  The walk there wasn’t so bad since it was a little cool.  But after a while I realized I should have put sunscreen on!  Thankfully Sammy didn't get burnt (I on the other hand got a mild burn).

 

Checking out this fun statue just outside of Navy Pier.  Noelle, Mary, Joel, and Sammy with Bob Hartley (from the Bob Newhart show).

DSC_0157

Playing with the statue children and noticing all of the little details.  The shoe that fell off, the girl that is about the fall down, the baseball cap, etc.

DSC_0159

I just though this building was really cool looking:

DSC_0160

 

Could we have asked for better weather?  The sky was amazing:

DSC_0161

My Dad grew up on a lake in Pennsylvania and when the sun was glisting on the lake his mother would tell him the water was dancing.  I thought that was pretty fitting description of Lake Michigan that day!

DSC_0164

The port out of the Chicago river:

DSC_0165

Noelle, Sammy and I  enjoyed a ride on the ferris wheel.  Noelle and Sammy when we started off:

DSC_0167

Sammy took this picture of me on our way up:

DSC_0168

Sammy had a little freak out at the top of the ferris wheel when he thought we weren’t moving:

DSC_0170

I love that boat out in the harbor:

DSC_0171

Sammy also rode on the carousel and loved it:

DSC_0174

After all of fun on the pier we got Italian ice and started the trek back home.  When we got home we had lunch and relaxed before some more adventures!