Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Do Not Grow Weary of Doing Good!!

Last year, at our co-op, we memorized these verses:

7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

Galations 6:7-9

2014-01-06 09.19.39

These verses have been a lifeline to me during tough homeschooling days.  On the days when there are tears, hurt feelings, and disobedience, I pull these out of my memory bank and place them into the front of my mind.  They give me the push to keep going, to keep on sowing what is eternal. 

I have seen the fruit of this work at various times in our homeschool.  The most recent has been with scripture memorization.  Sammy has a tough time memorizing things, but we have been working diligently on memorizing verses for AWANA and Sammy is getting it.  Not only is he excited about memorizing the verses, even telling them to others (including strangers), he is excited to be learning about God and is starting to have a relationship with Him. 

2014-01-14 08.39.46

I have also seen this growth with Sammy at co-op.  He has always had a hard time at his PE classes.  Sammy is a first born child and likes to get things just right! Trying something new, while not knowing for certain that he can do it, is very tough for him to handle.  This can lead to him not listening to his teachers or getting upset when he tries and fails.  We have talked to him about this for a year and half.  Then, all of a sudden, it just clicked.  He is now obeying his teachers and trying new things.  He still doesn’t love failing at things, but it doesn’t result in tears.  I attribute this not just to our talks, but also our praying together before co-op asking God to help him be brave and obedient. 

I couldn’t be more proud of the very young man Sammy is growing into!!  I look forward to watching him grow into the man God wants him to be!!

2014-02-06 16.53.22

Yes, we still have tough days and lots of growth that needs to happen.  However, I am seeing the little pieces of fruit growing on the branches and that gives me all the more motivation to keep sowing!

DSCN3363