Tuesday, May 20, 2014

10 Things I’m Looking Forward to at HEAV

In just over 2 weeks I will be heading off to HEAV convention.  I have been slowly getting things ready for the convention and I am really looking forward to it. 

31st-Signature-Final

Here is the top 10 things I am looking forward to:

  1. Getting to hear lots of wonderful speakers (Voddie Baucham, Mike Farris, and Adam Andrews to name a few)!
  2. Finding great deals at the HUGE Used Curriculum Sale – I have several things on my shopping list
  3. A weekend away to gather my thoughts and start planning for next year!
  4. More than 350 exhibit booths to find new products and look at products in person so I can decide on what we want to use for 2nd grade!!
  5. Spending the weekend with good friends and encouraging each other on this homeschooling journey
  6. Not having to cook meals!!
  7. Getting to make relationships with speakers and exhibitors.  I love getting to know the people behind the products they make and put their heart into!
  8. Getting excited about next year.. after homeschooling this year I was ready for summer and I was needing a break.  I know that HEAV will get me excited for next year and help me get over the end of the  year burn out!
  9. Selling our used curriculum! I have had really well selling stuff in previous years and this year I am just as excited to get rid of some of it!
  10. Finding the fun extras for next year is something I always look forward to.  Whether it’s a product, an idea from a friend, or something a speaker mentions it is always nice to add in something fun!

Do you go to a local homeschool convention?  Do you live in or near Virginia?  If so you should look into attending the HEAV convention.  I have heard it is one of the best ones around! 

2014speakersKeynotes