In just over 2 weeks I will be heading off to HEAV convention. I have been slowly getting things ready for the convention and I am really looking forward to it.
Here is the top 10 things I am looking forward to:
- Getting to hear lots of wonderful speakers (Voddie Baucham, Mike Farris, and Adam Andrews to name a few)!
- Finding great deals at the HUGE Used Curriculum Sale – I have several things on my shopping list
- A weekend away to gather my thoughts and start planning for next year!
- More than 350 exhibit booths to find new products and look at products in person so I can decide on what we want to use for 2nd grade!!
- Spending the weekend with good friends and encouraging each other on this homeschooling journey
- Not having to cook meals!!
- Getting to make relationships with speakers and exhibitors. I love getting to know the people behind the products they make and put their heart into!
- Getting excited about next year.. after homeschooling this year I was ready for summer and I was needing a break. I know that HEAV will get me excited for next year and help me get over the end of the year burn out!
- Selling our used curriculum! I have had really well selling stuff in previous years and this year I am just as excited to get rid of some of it!
- Finding the fun extras for next year is something I always look forward to. Whether it’s a product, an idea from a friend, or something a speaker mentions it is always nice to add in something fun!
Do you go to a local homeschool convention? Do you live in or near Virginia? If so you should look into attending the HEAV convention. I have heard it is one of the best ones around!