Thursday, June 12, 2014

2014 Goals–June Update

2014 Goals @bytesofmemory

1. Read 12 non-fiction books (5 of 12) -

2. Read 12 fiction books  (4 of 12) -   Getting caught up here.  I am only 1 book behind!

3. Read through the whole bible chronologically – I am still on track with this!! I am so proud of myself.  I was a little behind but got caught back up!

4. Work out 204 times this year (that works out to be about 4 times a week or 17 times a month) – I worked out 18 times in May.  So that is a total of 84 for the year.  I am only 1 behind for the year but I am on schedule to do much better in June! 

5. Complete 3 knitting projects – Still no progress here

6. Complete 3 home improvement projects (any type)  - 2 completed

  • built shelves and organized the shed
  • laid lament floors in the family room, dinning room, and hallway (I will share more pictures soon)

2014-05-24 16.23.21

7. Add 20 things to our emergency preparedness kit – We have added 5 things so far!

8. Purge through each area of our house (There are 16 “areas” of our house to go through at least once) – completed and had a very successful yard sale!  I think I am going to purge through everything one more time this year.  I am loving things being thinned out and I would love to have even less stuff and only keep what we love!

9. Print 2 years worth of pictures (I must get caught up)  - I have printed 1 year worth of pictures. No new progress here but on my radar for this month!

10. Create 1 photo album per year from 2007 until printed (put the rest of the pictures into picture boxes) – I have 2007, 2008, and 2009 in photo albums.  Everything I have printed I have organized. 

11. Invite someone over to dinner at least once a month  (5/12)– I invited and had some friends over for dinner in May. 

12. Add 500 things to my thankful list on the blog – I have added 100 things to the list this year.  I am really behind on this goal!

13. Read aloud 24 chapter books with Sammy (I have completed 17 of 24) – We read the Saturdays and 2 magic treehouse books.

14. Try 60 new recipes (19 of 60)- I need to work on this goal a little more this month! 

15. Try 12 new homemade cleaning recipes  (4 of 12 tried) –  I figured out the right cleaning solution for our new floor (water and vinegar).  I am a little behind on this goal as well!