Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Flood of Noah [A Review]

 

The Flood of Noah  is a wonderful book full of facts about the flood, Noah, and legends of the flood.  There is hundreds of legends of a great flood from all over the world and different people groups.  This book digs into those legends as well as the facts from the bible.

2014-07-31 08.17.58

This book has wonderful interactive parts to it.  My son’s favorite part was the fold out picture of the inside of the Ark.  He loved seeing all of the animals in there pins… I did my best to get a picture of the fold out layout.. it is HUGE:

2014-07-31 08.16.35

I love all of the little mini books inside as well as other cool elements (dial picture that you can turn, pull and shift picture (see below), and pop up to name a few).  This book is very engaging and Sammy and I had a blast reading through it.  I loved hearing about the different legends from the different people groups all over the world:

2014-07-31 08.16.59

Sammy has spent a lot of time flipping through the book looking at the pictures and different elements.  He has brought it over to me to read a section to him before going off and flipping through more.  This book has definitely captured his attention.

2014-07-31 08.17.13

We will be studying early history and will be using this book while we look at Noah and the flood.  It is a wonderful add on to our curriculum.  However, there is so much information in this book it could easily be a spine for a unit study on the flood.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone studying this time period next year as well as anyone that just wants to learn more about Noah.

*DISCLAIMER* I received a free copy of this book in order to give an open and honest review of the product.  All thoughts in this post are my own.