Sunday, September 7, 2014

Studies in World History Vol. 1

I had the pleasure of reviewing Studies in World History Volume 1 this past month.  This is the same time period we have been studying, so I was excited to take a look at these books.  These books are designed for Jr. High School students and were too advanced for me to use with Sammy.  I, however, was excited to read through them and see what else I could learn on the topics.

 

I found the content of these books excellent and I appreciate that they reinforce a biblical based worldview.  I had no problem digging into the books and learning things.    I was, however, a little disappointed in the lack of pictures and diagrams in these books.  They weren’t the eye catching images I was hoping for!  I realize that the age of the student audience that these books were intended doesn’t require this.  However, I am of the opinion that readers (of any age) will be better drawn into a book that contains more illustrative pictures and diagrams.  That said, I still consider the content of these books wonderful! 

Mom of Masterbooks

*DISCLAIMER* I received a free copy of this book in order to give an open and honest review of the product.  All thoughts in this post are my own.