Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Homeschooling an Only Child

Homeschooling An Only Child

We didn’t set out to have an only child.  When Tim and I were dating, we talked about children and were both in agreement that we wanted to have 3 or 4 children.  That was our plan; however, God had something different in store for us.  This doesn’t mean we will always have an only child, but currently that seems to be how things are unfolding.  So I am embracing (sometimes not very happily) this plan and making the best of it.

Homeschooling an only child is certainly unusual in the homeschooling community.  I wanted to share some of our experience with it:  the good, the bad, and the different.  This series is not intended to step on anyone's toes or provide insight into how every homeschool mom of an “only” feels.  It is, however, a little glimpse into our days and what makes us, us. 

This will definitely be a vulnerable series of posts for me.  I hope it encourages other homeschool moms of “onlys” that they are not alone.  I also hope it allows other homeschool moms to see a little of what it is like in our shoes so that they can be better equipped to encourage the homeschool families of “onlys” and be a support system for them.

If there is anything you would like me to cover in this series, I would love to hear from you and will do my best to include it!