Last month we listend to:
- Pollyanna (Read by Melanie Young) - I had never read this story and I loved it. Even better Sammy was really into it! Pollyanna has such a positive outlook on life it is refreshing and a great way to focus on the positives.
- Pollyanna Grows Up (Read by Melanie Young) - I enjoyed this story more than Sammy did. I think it was a little over his head and he didn’t care of people found their true loves! However, I was completely engaged in the story!
- The Carnivorus Carnival (affiliate link) - We have been listening to The Series of Unfortnate Events for a while now and still realy enjoying it. The plot in these stories never ceases to amaze me and keep me on my toes!
- The Hostile Hospital (affiliate link) - I thought I would be sick of the series after the first couple of books but we are still going strong! Sammy can’t wait to find out what happens to Sunny, Klaus ,and Violet!
- Zen Shorts (affliate link) - cute story about 3 siblings that become friend with a panda. The panda tells them stories to help them deal with conflicts in their lives.
- Brief Thief (affilate link) - A very silly story Sammy picked out at the library. It talks about doing the right thing and thinking of others.
- Weasels (affilate link) - A story about weasels and world domination. This was a favorite of both Sammy and I last month; we read it over and over again. The pictures are really engaging and you will find something new each time you look at them!
- Mr. Bassat Plays (affilate link)- A story about a grown up dog that needs to learn how to have fun again. I think the plot of this was more for the adults reading then the children. *winks*
- The 13-Story Treehouse (affilate link)- Sammy earned this book through the Barnes and Noble summer reading program. He liked it and hopes to get the next one in the series.
- The Worst Name in Third Grade (affilate link) - Not the greatest book, but he read the whole thing. We are working hard on reading more chapter books so he doesn’t find them so daunting. I got some better suggestions from the librarian this last visit. So be on the look out for those next month!
What I read:
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (affliate link) - I read through this book in 2 days and I now am embarking on purging stuff out of my house!! I didn't agree with everything in this book but am choosing parts of it that I do want to implement! I will never get rid of all of my pictures or feel bad for rolled socks or thank my stuff for a job well done before giving it away! However, I will make sure everything has a place and a place that is easy for it to be put away too!
- The White Princess (affilate link) - I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first two in the series. However, I was invested enough in the characters to power through the book!